Beijing coronavirus virus outbreak: Travel has been limited to deal with a 'very complex' situation

Beijing coronavirus virus outbreak: Travel has been limited to deal with a 'very complex' situation


Authorities in Beijing have called the city's coronavirus outbreak "very serious" as dozens of cases have arisen and the city has been shut down.


Additional neighborhoods were closed Tuesday, security checkpoints set up in the residential premises, and high-risk people - such as close relationships with people who tested positive - were prevented from leaving the city.

"The epidemic in the city is very serious," Beijing city spokeswoman Xu Hsien warned at a press conference. "Right now we need to take drastic measures to stop the spread of Covid-19."

More than 20 neighborhoods in the Chinese capital are now designated as a medium risk, meaning people can impose stricter restrictions on the movement of people and cars and conduct temperature checks. Health officials said people would be brought to them in sealed dwellings and quarantines.

Its outbreak in China has been significant since February, prompting a second wave of fears and the question of how the virus has been able to penetrate the radical authorities. Its spread is embarrassing for Beijing, who has declared victory over the virus and ordered civilians to return to work.

In the capital, where the country's actions are tough, no new cases have been reported locally for 56 consecutive days before the diagnosis began Thursday. The majority of the new cases were previously returned by Chinese citizens from abroad.

State media appeared on Tuesday to maintain the idea that the virus came from abroad. Wu Xunyu, a leading epidemiologist at the China Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says the pressure is similar to that found in Europe, the US or Russia.

"This clearly indicates that the strain of the virus is different than it was two months ago," he told state broadcaster CGTN. "The virus is the main infectious species in European countries, so it is brought to Beijing from outside China."

In a similar vein, the deputy director of the Department of Pathogen Biology at Wuhan University, State Media, said he believed the new outbreak had a further epidemic of the virus that killed Wuhan.

The outbreak - linked to 20 cases, 2 of which were reported Tuesday - was found at the Zinfady Wholesale Food Market in southwestern Beijing's Fengtai district, which sells thousands of tons of food a day and has been viewed more than 200,000 times since May 30.

Specimens of the virus were found on the chopping board used for salmon imported in the market, which planting claims that it came from abroad, although experts say the fish is not likely to carry the disease and that the salmon can cross any links... Pollution.

Mike Ryan, Emergency Director of the World Health Organization, said that he expected Chinese authorities to publish the genetic index of the virus in Beijing and supported his efforts. He said the new outbreak was caused by imported salmon, which is not a "basic hypothesis."

"A cluster like this is a concern and needs investigation and control - and that's exactly what Chinese authorities are doing," he said.

China's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Zhao Lijian said Tuesday that Beijing has urged Canada to investigate the parasites found in the cargo of fish. Norwegian exporters said China had stopped salmon imports.

After months of financial paralysis, authorities have tried to restrict lockout measures in some parts of the city and urged residents to take extra precautions and "keep life simple."

Provinces south of Yunnan have brought in regulations requiring detention for those returning from Beijing. Shanghai officials have announced that all those from the medium and high-risk areas will face a 14-day detention. Some long distance bus routes connecting Beijing and other provinces have been stopped.

All indoor sports and entertainment venues in the city were closed Monday. According to local media reports, the coaches and players of the Beijing Super League football team, Guan, were given a one-week trial as their training camp was located in the same district. Another market closed after the coronavirus case was confirmed in Jiangheng district bordering Fengtai. Seven mohallas were closed near the market.

More than 8,000 workers from the market have now been tested and sent to centralized detention facilities, and other Beijing wet markets, basement markets, and over 30,000 restaurants are being disinfected.

In response, health officials have documented what the state media has called "wartime mode."

Officials said more than 76,000 residents were tested Sunday at about 300 test points, including stringent measures including school closures and transportation suspension, ride-sharing, and taxi services.

Since the first case of the virus was discovered in Wuhan city last year, more than 84,000 cases and more than 4,600 people have died in China.

Chinese officials and state media have been quick to defend the country amid fears that a second wave is possible.

Hu Jijin, editor-in-chief of the Global Times, said: "Three officers are accountable and have taken control of communities." "American politicians see a miracle that Beijing has zero new cases per month."

Three people were fired on the outbreak, including the head of the Zinfadi market, the head of the local sub-communist party, and the deputy head of the district.

Post a Comment

0 Comments