China has not lost more soldiers than India, Indian officials give wrong numbers: Chinese state media


China on Monday refused to release details of the number of Chinese soldiers killed in the Galvan Valley skirmish in eastern Ladakh on June 15-16.


India lost 20 of its soldiers in a violent clash in the Galvan Valley and 10 Indian soldiers were also taken hostage and later released. Indian conflicts have revealed that the Chinese side has killed 43 people, including the dead and seriously injured.

While the government has not officially stated how many casualties were reported on China's behalf, more than 40 Chinese soldiers have died in the Galvan Valley conflict, Union Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh said last week.

When asked to comment on her comments, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said there was no information available on the matter.

"I have no information on this," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Zhao Lijian said at a press conference Monday.

Chinese government media, Global Times, however, conceded that the casualties were in her favor, without revealing more details. The Chinese government's mouthpiece says that if China releases the numbers, the Indian government will again be under pressure.

"China also wants to prevent growth because China does not release casualties. If the Chinese number is below 20, the Indian government will again be under pressure," the publication said on Twitter.

It said that the Indian authorities were giving wrong numbers to satisfy hard liners, noting that China lost more soldiers than Indians.

Although Beijing refused to divulge the casualties in the June 15 clash in the Galvan Valley, official media outlets said China was also killed.

Meanwhile, India and China are holding military-level talks on Monday to ease border tensions.

The ANI reported that both sides are planning to be at the diplomatic level soon with military-level talks.

Diplomatic lines of dialogue are also open. Following the interview, Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Luo Zhao and Chinese Indian Ambassador Vikram Mishri met in Beijing on June 16.

Foreign Minister Jaishankar had a telephone conversation with Wang on June 17, describing what happened in Galway as "an act of mediation and planning that is directly responsible for the violence and casualties."

Jaishankar recalled that at a meeting of senior military commanders on June 6, an agreement on de-escalation and clutter was reached with the Line of Actual Control (LIC). Shut.

Despite some progress, he said to his Chinese counterpart, "China is asking us to build a structure on our side of the LAC in the Galavan Valley."

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said India has not lost any territory to China after the all-party meeting.

"They did not infiltrate our border, nor did they (China) take any position. Our soldiers were martyrs, but they taught a lesson to those who remember India.

Post a Comment

0 Comments