Israeli Defense Chief West Bank statement said



JERUSALEM Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's plan to establish connectivity in the West Bank region has to wait because of the country's coronavirus crisis, Israel's defense minister said.


The alternative prime minister on Monday, his blue-and-white party ever ganj Benny said, the epidemic in the country's health and navigate the financial crisis, said that his main priority.

"Anything unrelated to the fight against coronavirus will wait," he said.

Netanyahu said the land that was taken over this week would begin to be withdrawn as soon as possible in line with President Donald Trump's midterm plan. A top US diplomat is trying to reach a deal with Israel in the country.

Gantz's announcement quickly complicated that goal and created a rift in the country's new coalition government, bringing together Netanyahu's Likud party and Gantz's Blue and White.

Earlier Monday, Netanyahu told Likud members that he was "working" with the Americans. “This issue is not based on blue and white,” he said.

Earlier on Monday, the UN's human rights chief said the planned discovery of parts of the Israeli occupied West Bank would have "disastrous" consequences for the region.

American Human Rights Commissioner Michelle Bachelett warns not to take over territory in international human rights group

The Secretary-General of the European Union, the European Union and the leading Arab states has spoken out against the alliance with the country, hoping that it will violate international law and establish a viable Palestinian state with all Israel. Will destroy.

"The exact consequences of sensitivity cannot be overstated," Bechlet said in a statement released by her office in Geneva. "But the Palestinians, the Israelis and vinasakaramainavi wide area."

The Israeli Foreign Ministry has accused him of politicizing his office, and earlier this year he severed ties with his office due to his "unilateral" attitude.

"It is not surprising that the US has decided to join the Palestinian campaign against the peace plan and publish the statements," the ministry said in a statement.

The Trump plan, which was unveiled in January, is about 30% of permanent Israeli control of the West Bank in the West, giving the Palestinians autonomy elsewhere.

The Palestinians claimed East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip and the entire West Bank for a completely independent state. Israel seized three territories in the Midwest War in 1967, but withdrew from Gaza in 2005, two years later paving the way for Hamas to seize control of terrorists.

Netanyahu, a staunch supporter of Trump, has been dismissed from international criticism. He said the Assistant Trump presidency provided a rare opportunity to reorganize the Middle East map and reconnect with Israel's points, as well as the strategic Jordan Valley. He pledged to proceed from July 1, demanding action before the US presidential election in November.

In a speech to Israeli evangelical Christian supporters late on Sunday, Netanyahu said Trump's plan "will ultimately put the two states' illusion at bay" and "bring peace."

"President Trump's plan does not really change the reality of the land. It recognizes the reality of the earth," he said.

Gantz looked more careful. Both Netanyahu and Gantz met with White House Ambassador Ave Berkowitz and US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman to work out the final map of what areas to occupy. Discussions continued after the meetings in Washington last week, which were unclear.

The West Bank, which believes the plan will not go too far, has also been met with critical criticism from settler leaders and said it would oppose any underwater plan, even under Palestine.

The Israeli media reported that Netanyahu was contemplating withdrawal of his plans and was expected to select only a few bases in the largely symbolic action.

But in his statement, Bachelet warned that even a small attachment would create a "highly combustible mixture."

He said Israeli control of the West Bank would undermine the independence of the Palestinian movement, turning Palestinian population centers into "enclaves," and clearing the way for "illegitimate" Palestinian lands suitable for Israel.

Bachelet warned that “the shock of integration will continue for decades and cause much damage to Israel as well as to the Palestinians”. "However, there is still time to reverse this decision."

Meanwhile, dozens of Jewish legal scholars have sent a letter to the Israeli government urging Israel to abolish the plan.

The letter, sponsored by the Global Jewish Alliance, an umbrella group of pro-Israeli Jewish groups, states that the annexe "fundamentally violates" international law and exposes "new and serious threats" to Israel.

Post a Comment

0 Comments