The Bahamas bans tourists from the US, citing coronavirus concerns

The Bahamas bans tourists from the US, citing coronavirus concerns


Bahamas Prime Minister Hubert Minnies announced over the weekend that the country will be barred from entering American tourists as the number of American coronaviruses continues to rise.

He announced that flights to America would be stopped.

The state of the epidemic in the Bahamas has deteriorated further "with a lethal rate since its international reopening", with a total of 153 cases, including 49 new cases, with borders fully open from 1 July.

"Except for commercial flights to Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, merchant ships carrying international commercial flights and passengers will not be allowed within our borders," Minis said in his Sunday speech. Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at midnight. The Bahamas will immediately suspend flights to the United States. "

The Prime Minister warned that without border controls, the Bahamas' progress on the virus could be halted "because citizens and residents in the countries are following or ignoring health guidelines".

Florida, about 50 miles northwest of the islands, represents one of the Bahamas' largest tourist markets and has become a major center of the virus in recent weeks, bringing in 12,478 new ones in Sunday's case reports.

Minis said in his speech, "A [a] is a country where we have to do what is right and necessary. If we do not do these things right now, we will pay a high and deadly price." "At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we acted quickly to prevent widespread disease and death. We must do so again."

The announcement comes after the European Union banned U.S. travelers earlier this year due to increasing coronavirus cases in the country.

Post a Comment

0 Comments