Fighting continues in Azerbaijan, Armenia rejects ceasefire calls


Nagorno-Karabakh continued fighting in the encircled enclave on Saturday as leaders of Azerbaijan and Armenia expressed the possibility of impossible conditions for the leaders of the United States, France and Russia to agree to a ceasefire.

Fighting continues in Azerbaijan, Armenia rejects ceasefire calls


"Fire is fine, but under what conditions? Conditions should be for them to withdraw from the area." We have heard this many times, we do not have time to wait another 30 years. The dispute must now be resolved.

According to AFP, Armenian Minister Nikol Pashinyan said Armenia was ready to accept an agreement but only if Turkish forces withdrew. Ankara has backed Azerbaijan but denied any military presence there.

Government officials reported shelling and rocket fire in and around Nagorno-Karabakh's capital, Steppe cart. Armenia has controlled the enclave and its environs - all internationally recognized within the borders of Azerbaijan - since a war in the early 1990s. Azerbaijan accused Armenian forces of shelling nearby villages on Saturday. The recent fighting began a week ago and called for a ceasefire between Russia, France and the US president.

His office said in a statement that French President Emmanuel Macron spoke Friday with the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan and proposed resuming talks in the so-called Minsk Group, which has led peace efforts since the 1990s. Is.

But Turkey rejected the appeals, saying all three powers were biased’ in favor of Armenia.

The Armenian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on its website on Friday that "the threat of a full-scale war" has increased after Azerbaijan and Turkey renewed allegations of "joint action" in the conflict. Baku and Ankara officials have denied the involvement of Turkish troops.

The unrecognized government in Nagorno-Karabakh supports Armenia, saying it has lost 154 soldiers and 11 civilians in the latest fighting. Azerbaijan says 20 of its citizens have been’ killed. It has not released military casualty figures.

Aliyev has vowed to continue the military campaign until Armenian troops leave Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding seven districts, which were raised’ during a war following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. To stop the 1994 war that killed 30,000 people and displaced more than 1 million.

The confrontation has escalated tensions between Russia and Turkey over proxy disputes in Syria and Libya. Russia has a military base in Armenia and the two countries have a bilateral defense agreement, although it has not covered the disputed territory. Azerbaijan, which has close historical and linguistic ties with Turkey, held large-scale joint exercises with the Turkish military last month.


READ MORE 

"I'm leaving, I think: Donald Trump broke the silence of Twitter from the hospital with a code update